Green Cards

Jacksonville Green Card Attorneys

Assistance with Family and Employment-Based Visas. Contact Us Today: (904) 204-3420.

A green card, also known as a permanent resident card, allows an individual who is not a U.S. citizen to permanently live and work in the United States. A green card is essential in order to become a citizen in the U.S and it gives you rights and responsibilities. At Weldon Law Group, PLLC, our green card lawyer in Jacksonville helps our clients obtain green cards through family-based immigrant visas and employment-based immigrant visas.

Contact Weldon Law Group online or call (904) 204-3420 to set up a free 30-minute consultation. Our green card lawyers in Jacksonville are here for you! Se habla Español.

How Do I Apply for a Green Card?

As a general overview, the application process begins by:

  • Finding out if you are eligible for a green card via family petition or through employment petition.
  • File Form I-485 (Permanent Residence) along with any required documents.
  • Once the USCIS reviews your application you will need to go through an interview.
  • If you pass the interview, you will obtain a green card that is valid for 10 years.

The application process can be complicated and you may need extra guidance when it comes to determining your eligibility or filing the application. All this can be made easier with the help of a green card lawyer in Jacksonville. Call (904) 712-2556 to speak with the the Weldon Law Group — we are ready to help you!

Green Cards for Family Members

More people obtain a green card via a petition by a family member than in any other way. Each year, the number of visas available through family-based immigration is limited to 226,000 and are issued in the order they are filed. Green cards for immediate family members are not subject to this limit. This includes green cards for spouses, minor children, and parents of United States citizens.

After immediate family, the order of preference for green cards is:

  • Unmarried children of U.S. citizens
  • Spouses and minor children of permanent residents
  • Unmarried adult children of permanent residents
  • Married children of U.S. citizens
  • Siblings of U.S. citizens

The immigration quotas fill quickly, and there may be a long line of people in front of you. For this reason, it is best to apply for a green card for a family member as soon as possible. Our Jacksonville green card attorney has helped many clients secure a green card through family-based immigration and he has the legal knowledge required to guide you through the process. Attorney Ian Weldon is also fluent in Spanish and can assist Spanish-speaking clients in their native language.

How to Get a Green Card Through Work?

In order to get a green card based on employment, a prospective employer can petition on behalf of the person or the individual may petition on his or her own for certain categories of employment. A person with an employment-based green card may also bring a spouse and minor children to the United States.

You may be eligible to apply for a green card if you are an immigrant worker and are in the first-preference, second-preference, or third-preference categories. You may also apply as a physician through the National Interest Waiver (NIW). You must agree to work full-time in an underserved area for a specific period of time. Finally, you may apply as an immigrant investor.

Seeking a green card? Call Weldon Law Group at (904) 204-3420.

Request a Consultation

"*" indicates required fields