Services Also Available in Spanish

(904) 204-3420

Jacksonville Beach, FL Fiancé Visa Attorneys

When you want to live with the person you love by moving to the U.S., you might be wondering about your options for immigration. Immigration is a complicated and often expensive process. Typically, it requires lots of paperwork, sponsorship, interviews, and fees, which can make it seem too overwhelming for some people. However, with the help of our Jacksonville Beach fiancé visa attorneys, you can achieve your immigration goals with less hassle.

At Weldon Law Group, PLLC, we can help you navigate the twists and turns of the legal requirements for a fiancé visa. We can help you explore your eligibility options, fill out your paperwork and applications, and coach you on interview and courtroom procedures. Reach out to schedule a free consultation and learn how we can help you begin your new life together in America.

Jacksonville Beach Fiancé Visa Attorneys

What Is A K-1 Visa And How Do I Get One?

Also known as a fiancé visa, the K-1 visa allows you residency in the United States with the help of your soon-to-be spouse as your sponsor. If you are a foreign national engaged to be married to a US citizen or if you are a permanent US resident looking for options to bring your fiancé over from another country, the K-1 visa is a great option!

The U.S. citizen in the relationship must be the one to submit a Petition for Alien Fiancé, which will begin the K-1 visa process. After your application is approved, you and your fiancé have 90 days to get married or else the visa will expire. When you marry, however, permanent residency is not granted. The next step to becoming a fully naturalized citizen is to apply for a green card, which is another legal process that requires sponsorship.

Keep in mind that marrying specifically for citizenship is illegal. Your marriage must be a real relationship, and authorities will want to see evidence to ensure that your intentions are legitimate.

Requirements For K-1 Visa

The avenues to a K-1 visa can seem complicated, but luckily our Jacksonville Beach fiancé visa attorneys can help guide you through the proper steps. To begin, the requirements to start the process of obtaining your visa are straightforward, and they include:

  • There must be sponsorship from the U.S. citizen fiancé.
  • Your relationship and intent to marry must be legitimate.
  • Any previous marriages must be legally dissolved.
  • You and your fiancé must have at least one in-person meeting in the two years before filing the initial application.
  • The sponsor must demonstrate that they can support their fiancé by submitting evidence that their income is at least 100% of the poverty level.

If these eligibility requirements, particularly these last two, seem like too much of a hardship, you can work with our attorneys to explore other avenues for citizenship.

After you have met these requirements, you can submit your application along with the documents that attest you meet the requirements. You will then need to have an interview with a consular officer to determine your overall eligibility, and then you should be married within 90 days of the application, after which you can begin the process of obtaining a green card.

Our Jacksonville Beach Fiancé Visa Attorneys Can Help You With Your Immigration Journey

Weldon Law Group, PLLC, can help you with all the aspects of your immigration needs, including beginning your marriage with a fiancé visa. We have been helping our clients for over 20 years, and we offer bilingual services so you can be sure that you and your needs are understood. Reach out to schedule a free initial consultation and learn how we can help you begin your new chapter.

Request a Consultation

"*" indicates required fields