Jacksonville Immigration Attorney
Green Cards

Green Card Attorney in Jacksonville

Assistance with Family & Employment-Based Visas

A green card, also known as a permanent resident card, allows an individual who is not a U.S. citizen to permanently live and work in the United States. At Weldon Law Group, PLLC, our green card lawyer in Jacksonville helps our clients obtain green cards through family-based immigrant visas and employment-based immigrant visas.

If you need help with the green card application process, or any other aspect of family- or employment-based immigration, call us at (904) 712-2556 to schedule a free consultation.

How Do I Get a Green Card?

A green card is essential in order to become a citizen in the U.S and it gives you rights and responsibilities. As a general overview, the application process begins by:

  • Finding out if your are eligible - If you have a family petition or through employment.
  • File Form I-485 (Permanent Residence) and have any documents needed.
  • Once the USCIS reviews your application you will need to go through an interview.
  • If pass the interview, you will obtain a green card that is valid for 10 years.

Family-Based Immigration

More people obtain a green card via a petition by a family member than in any other way. Each year, the number of visas available through family-based immigration is limited to 226,000 and are issued in the order they are filed. Green cards for immediate family members are not subject to this limit. This includes green cards for spouses, minor children, and parents of United States citizens.

After immediate family, the order of preference for green cards is:

  • Unmarried children of U.S. citizens
  • Spouses and minor children of permanent residents
  • Unmarried adult children of permanent residents
  • Married children of U.S. citizens
  • Siblings of U.S. citizens

The immigration quotas fill quickly, and there may be a long line of people in front of you. For this reason, it is best to apply for a green card for a family member as soon as possible. Our Jacksonville green card attorney has helped many clients secure a green card through family-based immigration; he has the legal knowledge required to guide you through the process. Attorney Ian Weldon is also fluent in Spanish and can assist Spanish-speaking clients in their native language.

Employment-Based Immigration

In order to get a green card based on employment, a prospective employer can petition on behalf of the person or the individual may petition on his or her own for certain categories of employment. A person with an employment-based green card may also bring a spouse and minor children to the United States.

At Weldon Law Group, PLLC, we can help ensure that your application is completed accurately and all supporting documentation is included with your application.

Please contact us online or by phone at (904) 712-2556 for a free consultation with our experienced immigration attorney.

Clients Review Their Experience

We Value Their Opinions
  • Permanent Residency

    “Congratulations to our new neighbors from Peru and please join us in giving them a warm welcome to the United States of America!”

  • He did a great job on our immigration case.

    “We were refered to Mr Ian Weldon by a friend, and we are glad we hired him. He did a great job on our immigration case. Thanks to his help, our case went really smooth without issues and got approved. ...”

    - B. Z.
  • we couldn't be more pleased with his service.

    “Recently, we were faced with a family legal issue. We were unsure of the potential consequences of the issue and felt it was in our best interest to consult with an attorney to protect ourselves. Ian ...”

    - H. F.
  • U.S. Citizenship

    “Congratulations to our client for being approved for United States citizenship!”

  • U.S. Citizenship

    “Congratulations to our client from Vietnam approved to naturalize as a United States citizen!”


We Want To Help

Reasons Why Weldon Law Group Is Right for You
  • Personalized Strategy for Maximum Results
  • Helps to Remove Stress From the Legal Process
  • Accessible to Clients Evenings & Weekends
  • Work With a Knowledgeable & Efficient Attorney
  • Free 30-Minute In-Person Case Evaluation
  • The National Trial Lawyers
  • AV Preenment
  • Avvo - 10.0
  • American Immigration