Jacksonville Immigration Attorney
Fiance Visas

Fiancé Visa Lawyer in Jacksonville

Call for Help with Your K1 Visa Application

A fiancé(e) visa is available to individuals who are citizens of other countries that intend to marry American citizens. The K1 nonimmigrant visa is designed to enable individuals to travel to the United States and marry within 90 days of arrival. The process can be complex, and you must meet several requirements to qualify, so it can be helpful to seek the advice of an immigration lawyer.

At Weldon Law Group, PLLC, our Jacksonville fiancé visa attorney, Ian Weldon, helps couples through the immigration process. He has over 12 years of legal experience and is highly knowledgeable of current immigration laws. He is also fluent in Spanish and can provide legal services to Spanish speakers in order to help guide them through the process.

Trying to bring your fiancé(e) to the United States? Call (904) 712-2556 or contact us online for a free, 30-minute, in-person consultation.

Navigating the K1 Visa Application Process

Whether your fiancé(e) plans to seek permanent residency after you are married or not, he or she may qualify for the K1 visa. The steps required after the wedding vary, depending on whether the couple plans to reside in the United States or elsewhere. We can help you with the initial fiancé visa and applying for a green card after the wedding, if necessary.

Our firm can help you navigate every step of the process, including:

  • American citizens filing the petition on behalf of his or her fiancé(e)
  • Filing and processing the fiancé(e)’s visa documents
  • Having a background check performed
  • Getting the petition approved by the embassy
  • Obtaining medical exams and scheduling the interview
  • Accompanying you to the interview

The entire process can be complex and time consuming, taking up to a year to complete. If the application is missing information or all required documents are not submitted, it could take longer to process.

Our fiancé visa lawyer in Jacksonville works to ensure the application paperwork is properly completed and all necessary documents are submitted to help avoid delays.

Bringing Children to the United States

A fiancé(e) traveling to the United States for the purposes of marriage can bring unmarried children who are under the age of 21. This includes both biological and adopted children. The children are granted K2 visas.

We can answer your questions about bringing your fiancé(e) and his or her children to the U.S. and guide you through the application process.

K-1 Visa Interview Questions

The K-1 visa interview is an important part of the process where immigration officials take a deep dive into your history and intentions, ensuring that marriage fraud is not being committed. To ensure you are prepared, below we go over some of the common questions that interviewers ask of applicants and petitioners.

Sample questions for the K-1 applicant:

  • What is your full name? Birthday? Age?
  • Were you previously married? When?
  • Have you been to the U.S. before? If so, when and why?
  • Have you had a K-1 visa before?
  • Have you ever been arrested?
  • When are you going to enter the U.S.?

Sample questions for the petitioner:

  • What is your fiancé’s name? Birthday? Age? Where were they born?
  • How did you meet your fiancé?
  • Did they attend college?
  • Do they have any hobbies or interests? What are they?
  • Were they in a previous marriage? If so, why did they divorce?
  • Do they have any children?

Please call (904) 712-2556 or submit an online contact form to schedule a free consultation with our immigration attorney.

Clients Review Their Experience

We Value Their Opinions
  • US Citizenship

    “Another client approval for United States citizenship from my wife's beloved country of Peru! Welcome to the United States and congratulations!”

  • Successful Adoption

    “A joyful finish to our week with a successful adoption!”

  • U.S. Citizenship

    “Congratulations to another client approved for United States citizenship!”

  • Excellent Immigration Attorney!!!

    Excellent Immigration Attorney!!!

    - Bridget
  • Permanent Residency

    “Another permanent resident approval from Lithuania! Congratulations and welcome to the United States!”


We Want To Help

Reasons Why Weldon Law Group Is Right for You
  • Personalized Strategy for Maximum Results
  • Helps to Remove Stress From the Legal Process
  • Accessible to Clients Evenings & Weekends
  • Work With a Knowledgeable & Efficient Attorney
  • Free 30-Minute In-Person Case Evaluation
  • The National Trial Lawyers
  • AV Preenment
  • Avvo - 10.0
  • American Immigration