Jacksonville Immigration Attorney
Adjustment of Status

Jacksonville Adjustment of Status Attorney

Becoming a Lawful Permanent Resident of the U.S.

Adjustment of status is the process used by people to change their immigration status, typically to a lawful permanent resident, after they are already in the United States. The eligibility for an adjustment of status varies, depending on each person’s situation.

Because this area of law is so complex and frequently changing, it is important to get advice from a knowledgeable immigration attorney. At Weldon Law Group, PLLC, our Jacksonville adjustment of status lawyer, Attorney Ian Weldon, can help determine if you are eligible to change your immigration status and obtain a green card.

Please call our law firm at (904) 712-2556 or contact us online to discuss the possibility of an adjustment of status. Your initial consultation is free.

Eligibility for Adjustment of Status

Adjustment of status offers a range of potential benefits, such as getting a social security card, authorization for employment in the United States, and the ability to obtain a driver’s license. There are several possible ways to obtain lawful permanent resident status (also known as getting a green card), and we can help you determine the best course of action for achieving your immigration goals.

Adjustment of status is just one way to obtain lawful permanent resident status and is available to those already living in the U.S. Obtaining lawful permanent resident status may also be possible through:

  • Family-based immigration
  • Employment-based immigration
  • Investor visas
  • The Diversity Visa lottery
  • Special categories

The first step in the process is determining eligibility for a green card. Eligibility depends on how an individual entered the United States, as well as his or her current immigration status. Our adjustment of status attorney in Jacksonville has extensive knowledge of immigration law and over 12 years of legal experience. He can guide you through the adjustment of status process and help you determine the course of action that is in your best interests.

The Adjustment of Status Application

In order to have your immigration status adjusted, you must be eligible and meet all legal requirements, have a petitioner file a petition, and file an application for adjustment of status. The required application, forms, and documentation vary depending on the category you are using, such as family-based or employment-based immigration.

Our firm can help you navigate the application process and ensure that all required documentation is included to facilitate the process and avoid delays.

Learn if you are eligible for an adjustment of status in a free consultation. Call (904) 712-2556 or contact us online today. Se habla español.

Clients Review Their Experience

We Value Their Opinions
  • US Citizenship

    “Another client approval for United States citizenship from my wife's beloved country of Peru! Welcome to the United States and congratulations!”

  • Successful Adoption

    “A joyful finish to our week with a successful adoption!”

  • U.S. Citizenship

    “Congratulations to another client approved for United States citizenship!”

  • Excellent Immigration Attorney!!!

    Excellent Immigration Attorney!!!

    - Bridget
  • Permanent Residency

    “Another permanent resident approval from Lithuania! Congratulations and welcome to the United States!”


We Want To Help

Reasons Why Weldon Law Group Is Right for You
  • Personalized Strategy for Maximum Results
  • Helps to Remove Stress From the Legal Process
  • Accessible to Clients Evenings & Weekends
  • Work With a Knowledgeable & Efficient Attorney
  • Free 30-Minute In-Person Case Evaluation
  • The National Trial Lawyers
  • AV Preenment
  • Avvo - 10.0
  • American Immigration